Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Bird Mouth


We have recently started feeding Canaan. We started out with oatmeal, which he loves almost as much as his bottle. He is such a good eater: when he is ready for a bite, he opens his mouth up as big as it can get- just like a little bird. After a few weeks of oatmeal, we moved on to his first vegetable: green beans. He was not impressed! His face scrunched up and he started gagging. I thought he would eventually get used to them. I was wrong! We tried them for 3 days, until he just started crying when we fed him. So, the green beans went in the freezer and I cooked and blended some sweet potatoes for him. Canaan loves sweet potatoes! We’ve started him on a few fruits, but he really loves those potatoes and oatmeal more than anything else. Last night I made an asparagus-potato blend. We’ll see what he thinks about those!

3 comments:

AuntieMae said...

I miss Canaan so much! What a sweet and happy baby! Does he like peas? Christian loved peas as a baby.

Hope to see you soon! Have fun in LA with MeeMaw!

Lindsay White said...

WOW - I can't believe he is eating real food now! Maybe Aspen will eat soon too if I let her know that her big Bro Canaan has a leg up on her. This is a cool Blog Luc! Love u, Nan

Guy and Nancy said...

Hey, I am not Lindsay White. She must have been on our computer and it was still signed in as her. Anyways - Aunt Nan sent that post before! :-)