Saturday, November 17, 2007

Glasses

Well, I am straying from my All About Canaan to put a personal post. I imagine I will do this from time to time, so I hope you all don't mind. Our world at times seems to revolve around the baby, but we do have a life as a family and individuals too! This post is about my glasses. I have worn glasses since the third grade. At some point in high school, my doctor realized I need prisms. My eyes wander (and sometimes cross); prisms help re-direct my vision so I can focus properly. I have 5 prisms in each lens and technology hasn't advanced far enough for them to put more than 3 in contacts. I don't know if I'd go for contacts or now if I had the chance now. I've worn glasses for so long, and the thought of touching my eyeball almost grosses me out too much. But, for now, I have no choice. I have included some pictures of my glasses changes over the past several years. There is a picture of me when I was a freshman in HS ('96), one of me at my HS graduation ('99), one from a few years ago ('06)(with the red glasses I've worn up until recently), and the last one is of me in my new brown frames ('07). I contemplated sticking with my old red frames and just getting new lens. However, my frames snapped in half a few weeks ago (during class!), necessitating new frames. I had a hard time giving up the red, because I loved it so much. But I couldn't find a pair that we (me and those looking at me everyday) would be happy with.

5 comments:

Toni Burns said...

Enjoyed your post about yourself. I have been away from reading blogs for probably a month - sorry. It was good to catch up. Thank you so so much for the picture you sent us of Canaan. We loved it.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful no matter what glasses you wear! Yes, it's me, Mom.

Kim said...

wow luc you haven't changed much since the third grade. seriously, minus the hair changes it's uncanny how much your face looks the same. i like you with glasses, i can't picture you without them. and i totally agree on the whole putting things on your eyeball thing - yikes.

Timbra said...

oh, i'm going to miss the red glasses. . . i remember teasing you about those just before you and dougle got married. . they were your sexy glasses! loved the photos of "memory lane". . .

Miracle said...

I like the new glasses! I'm so glad I found you on here. Now I'll be able to keep up with you guys!
Miracle