Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Silver Car

For more "real" info on the car, you can check out our family blog: http://www.mcdouglefamily.com and I'll try to post pictures soon. We just keep forgetting to take them during daylight hours (before 3:30pm)!

Guess what? We have a car! It took a while waiting around for Mommy and Daddy to do some paperwork, but we finally got it. When we took our first drive, I was very excited!! I could tell Mommy and Daddy were very excited too. The fun/scary part was that our first drive in our new car was at 4pm, when it is already pitch black! "It dark out here," I said. We went outside and Daddy put me in my car seat. "Get in car seat!" I said. "Buck up!" It is a good thing Mom and Dad brought my car seat to Ukraine! Then I pointed to the seat in front and said, "Daddy sit here." I just know lots of stuff and like to show it off. I was really excited as we all got in the car and bucked (buckled) up. Then we started going. "Daddy driving," I said. I play with cars and trucks enough to know what was going on. Normally I am not this excited to ride in a car (I have ridden several times in taxis), but I felt Mommy and Daddy's excitement and it made me all giddy too!
I think Mommy and Daddy were a bit nervous, since they don't know all the rules here in Ukraine yet, but Daddy did great. At one point we started to go and I encouraged him with a "Go faster!" They just laughed. I think the speed limits are slow here.
We went to two places in one night. When we were finally going home, I said, "Canaan, Mommy, Daddy ride in black car!" over and over. Then they told me it was not black, but silver. That is a new color for me. Plus, it was dark and looked black! But, I finally agreed and now I talk about our silver car. Then I said, "like fun!" (I think it means, I like to have fun.) Later that night, Chi and Silas came over to take baths (they didn't have hot water for 3 days). Then Daddy took them home in my new car. I said, "Canaan go in Canaan's new car!" But Mommy said tomorrow I could.
Our new car is great! It keeps me out of the cold and makes Mommy and Daddy so happy, just like it makes me. And now, sometimes when I am playing with a toy car, I pretend it is our new silver car and that Mommy, Daddy and Canaan are all in it!

2 comments:

Janet B said...

How exciting! I know it will make life a bit easier with a car to get around in.

Guy and Nancy said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Super cool! I didn't know you were looking for one! Congrats guys, Nan