Friday, January 22, 2010

Out of the Mouth

So, most of this is going to be funny stuff. However, it happened. Just yesterday, Canaan told Dougle he didn't like him. He was in trouble with Dad and didn't appreciate his punishment. This morning, he was in trouble with me. After several spankings, he told me he didn't like me, but he wanted to be with Daddy. :( I guess being a good mom sometimes means that I won't be liked by my child all the time. I just want to be okay with this, knowing that he will one day thank me for it, as I do with my mom!

Ok, here is the funny stuff.

Canaan: I won't help you again! (after I made him throw away one of Max's diapers)
Mom: Is that a nice way to talk to Mommy?
Canaan (completely serious): Nope. May I not help you again, please?

Canaan: What time is it?
Mom: Nine O Two.
Canaan: That's not an O (letter), that's a Zero!

Gran-Nan: Do I need to comb my hair?
Canaan: Yes, because it is short. You need to get it little like ours!

After Canaan saw a man run to get on the subway, but missed the train.
Gran-Dad: Don't worry, he'll catch another train.
Canaan: Gran-Dad, we call this the metro!

We are having Canaan ask to get up from the table after he is finished eating.
Canaan: May I get up now?
Dad: Are you finished eating?
Canaan: Yeah. Possibly.

Canaan: I am combing my hair, because it looks dangerous!

Dad: Canaan, hurry up! (picking up his toys)
Canaan: I can't. I'm slow.

Eating with Silas, Canaan meant to tell him they were 'bread buddies' because they were eating bread together. Instead he said to Silas: "We're buddy breads!"

Canaan was playing trains with Malachi. His train was speaking to Chi's train. I really don't know where he got this!!
Canaan: Promise me, (dramatic pause), when I come out of the garage (his train), I will get to see you!

After Dougle told him to clean up all his boo
ks:
Dougle: Canaan, obey me.
Canaan: I am just thinking of how to put them away.

After laying the boys down for bed, Dougle had to go back in to settle them down.
Dad: Canaan, don't talk to Max in bed.
Canaan: But sometimes he talks to me!!

After Mommy and Auntie both told Canaan 'no' about something he wanted, he thought for a while and then said, "Mommy, 'no' is not very nice!"

3 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

alani often says "i can't. . because i'm just a little guuuuuuuuul (she has a hard time with the er/ur/ir combo)" KIDS!!! or if we ask her to do something she doesn't want "you can do it" (so true, but i'm not GOING TO!!!) too funny!

Carolyn said...

ha - these made me laugh! Boys are too fun, aren't they! I have a feeling yours and mine would be good friends if we lived just a little closer to one another :)

Jeanette said...

can't you hear yourself in him, SO hilarious! Today Oliver tacked on "thats the point" to the end of a sentence. I love when he asks, "is that an option?" or "is that a good choice?"
But Canaan takes the cake in hilarity, I want you to know I am SO glad you are writing them down