Friday, September 14, 2007

Canaan Talking


This is Canaan laughing and talking. He has this funny little fake laugh. Gran-Dad and Gran-Nan had him at Taco Bueno today and said when things got quiet between them, he would just start fake laughing. Then they would laugh at him, which caused him to laugh more. They were cracking up the whole time together (as they fed him his first tamale!).
At 10.5 months, Canaan now has 13 words: uh-oh, auntie (ah-tie), bye-bye (ba-ba), bath (ab), bible (bi-bo), dad, gran-dad (ded-ded), gran-nan (na-nan), book (boo), up, UD (ud is what he calls his uncle david), peek-a-boo (a-boo), and all done (ah-do). He is not consistent with using all of them, but he has said them all within the past three days. He also signs four signs: more, all done, milk (for bottle), and elephant. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get him to use all his words on one video, but he did pretty good! We are just the proudest parents ever!

6 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

What a handsome little boy :) We're coming to town this week, maybe we'll get a chance to see you guys!

Guy and Nancy said...

UM...Guy told me I need to start working with Aspen more because "OH MY GOODNESS" Aspen still can't figure out how to even stand up without falling over. Guy proceeded to tell me that Canaan is much older then Aspen then I reminded him that it is only a month. Guy wants to know what you are feeding him. I think this is great ploy to get our kids dating. Canaan can teach Aspen all the wonderful things he knows and she can be amazed. love you guys, nan

Guy and Nancy said...

I guess I posted my first post too quickly. I am not sure I made sense. I was talking about how Canaan can talk and we are amazed by that. Anyways - you have a Braniac - nan

Anonymous said...

We're glad you guys are keeping up with us through our site now. We're also glad (well, I am) that you converted to blip.tv so quickly. :o)

We appreciate your comments (comments are my favorite!)

I've been praying for your team and your support a lot lately. Hope everything continues to move along smoothly.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow Canaan! You're doing so good on talking and signing! I bet you and your parents are glad you can tell them what you want and when you want it! =D
Love, ~Abigail~