Thursday, September 6, 2007

Mr. Center of Attention

Yes, Canaan is my (Lucy's) parents' first grandchild. He is also Livia and David's only nephew. I couldn't help but take a picture of this scene. What happened was that Canaan had just taken a bath and I had to run get him a diaper from upstairs. Canaan doesn't like laying on the floor waiting for his diaper and starts to get upset. So, here come Auntie Livi and Gran-Nan to the rescue! Gran-Nan pulled his naked little tooshie onto her lap and Auntie Livi quickly grabbed a book to entertain him in the 30 seconds it took for me to run upstairs and get a new diaper. So, I thought I'd make all their efforts to sooth Mr. Center of Attention (aka. Canaan) a little more worth while by taking more time to take this picture. I just wished all families were as pathetic as we are and doted on their nephews and grandkids like ours does. Canaan won't always be center of attention, especially if Liv and David ever get around to giving him some cousins, but I know for sure that he feels completely loved. And as his parents, we feel so blessed by such a wonderful family.
To all those family members who are far away: we know you love Canaan SO MUCH too! I wish you all could spend as much time with him as Gran-Nan and Auntie Livi!

2 comments:

Lindsay White said...

I am so glad that you documented their "devotion" it will prove handy some day when he feels like everyone is ignoring him!

Anonymous said...

Canaan-If you ever need a reminder that you are loved, you need look no further than this picture! Enjoy being loved and spoiled! It's good for you!
Love, ~Abigail~