Sunday, March 8, 2009

I love being a Mommy!


Today I am very thankful for my 3 boys. I love being a wife. I tell Dougle how glad I am that he is stuck with me forever! And I love being a Mommy too. It is wonderful in so many ways that I wouldn't have imagined. As Canaan grows older, we wonder what we did to deserve him! He cracks us up all the time. And he is so much more wonderful and different than anything I imagined a child of Dougle and I's to be. For one, he talks non-stop. And he is a little ham. When he is around people he knows, he loves being the center of attention. We just love him and laugh at him all the time! And Max is such a blessing too. We are enjoying everyday of his babyhood and look forward to watching him as he grows and develops too!
Here are just some random things I've wanted to write about lately that have to do with the boys. Hope you enjoy!

  • Max only has a poopy diaper once every 4-6 days. Crazy, but nice. However, he does have STINKY gas everyday, making him our little "stinker."
  • Max had a 4 week doctor visit, in which he weighed 10 lbs 2 oz. He has gained 2 pounds since birth! He also has grown almost an inch. 
  • Max has lots more sleepers and eye gunk than I remember Canaan having. And, I noticed he looked bow-legged, but looked it up. Did you know all babyies are bow legged?! Interesting. They straighten out naturally when they start walking. 
  • I love it now that Max is starting to focus on more things he looks at. It is precious when he looks up into my eyes, though he is more often drawn to look at my unruly hairdoes- especially in the morning before I've showered!
  • Canaan has started drawing "people" on his white board. He draws a circle for the face and puts two eyes (most of the time inside the circle!), a mouth and sometimes hair. It is so cute! He even tells us who he drew. 
  • When Max starts fussing a bit (which is very rare), Canaan runs and gets a "fire" (pacifier) and puts it in his mouth as he says, "Here you go Max." 
  • Canaan has just started asking me to put Max down in his bouncy chair so I can play with him. When I can, Max does great. But sometimes he asks when I am feeding Max and I have to explain that I can't. The other day he asked me to let Daddy feed Max- and I had to tell him that wouldn't work very well! 
  • Canaan has started to pick out his own clothes now. His favorite shirt to wear is a striped sweater that Ernestine Maynard bought him a long time ago. He chooses it everytime he sees it. On warm days, I have to hide it so he won't sweat wearing it all day! And he likes to tell people what he is wearing...what shirt, pants, socks, etc. And when we tell him to get ready to go, he tells us what all we need to put on...boots, coat and his Lightning McQueen hat!
  • Max is a great sleeper. He is on a 3 hours schedule at nights, but slept 4 hours last night!
  • Canaan has recently started to do multiple piece puzzles! I am amazed. We have a 16 and 24 piece puzzle and he does very well on them!
  • Ever since we brought Max home, Canaan has seemed so much bigger than he was before! At first, he felt SO MUCH heavier than I remembered, and so much older than I remembered him being. I guess he wasn't my baby anymore- I was all of a sudden aware I had more of a toddler in Canaan!
  • Canaan's favorite color recently is yellow. He chooses yellow things over any other color.
  • Canaan loves corn and peas still. (If I could only get him to eat fruit!) He also loves peanut butter and chicken nuggets. And, he takes after his Mommy in that he loves Chocolate! He will randomly ask for cookies, brownies or cake during the day! Silly boy. And he only drinks milk, water and orange juice, though he thinks he would like to drink coke. We are putting that one off as long as we can!  
  • Canaan likes to sing, when it is his idea. Of course, he also will sing, even if he doesn't initially want to, if Daddy and I BOTH are singing. He loves the song "Jingle Bells" from a movie he has been watching. And he even sits and tries to sing with us during group and church. It is great! When we get in the car, he always requests the music be turned on. 
  • Though I love motherhood, I do find myself looking forward to nap times during the day!It is nice having time to rest or catch up on things while Canaan- and of course, Max- sleep. What will I do when Canaan stops napping? Hopefully it won't be for a long time!! :)
Hope you enjoyed the random facts of our life recently! 

5 comments:

Haley said...

I actually did know that all kids are bowlegged at first and oddly enough was just trying to explain that to the people I work for the other day! I'm glad you enjoying your family so much; those are some super cute and sweet boys you have there!

Jeanette said...

There are random times when Oliver seems to be acting older, like after his first haircut i thought he was a totally different person. It was so weird and fun.

David and Olivia said...

Well, I'm glad you love being a Mommy because you are certainly great at it! Those boys are truly blessed to have you. Loved reading your list. I had no idea Canaan called the pacifier a "fire." That's awesome... one kid screaming and the other running around screaming "Fire!" I think they're going to be trouble together for sure.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to see you guys in May. We all miss you so much. We haven't had access to our e-mail in quite some time, but I alway look at your blog while at work. It is always exciting when there are new pictures. I sure do have some very handsome nephews. We love you all.
-Farrah

Melissa @ M Miranda Creations said...

It is fun to see what the boys are doing. The baby is beautiful! And I will admit that I look forward to nap time too and to tell you the truth if I can get all three of mine asleep at the same time I sleep as well. I thank God that He is blessing your family. It is wonderful to know He is using you in wonderful ways in Kharkov.