Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tales of a Two Year Old Toddler


So, I am amazed at how much Canaan talks and the things he picks up on. I've been wanting to write a post with funny things, so I have been trying to keep track of them when I can. He says so many funny things, but if I don't write them down, I just forget. Here are a few things we've chuckled over recently! 
I want to try to keep writing down funny things so I will remember and can share them periodically with you all!

Potty Time
When Canaan first went #2 in the potty (he's just done it once- we are about to start serious potty training soon), he was just as amazed and surprised as we were. He was sitting on the toilet, looking down between his legs at the water and said, "Mommy, there is a fish! I made a fish!" When we flushed after he was finished, he looked back into the potty and asked, "Where did the fish go?" 

A Way Around It
Canaan: Don't watch me Mommy. (He was coloring.)
Mommy: I can watch you if I want.
Canaan: No!
Mommy: Don't tell me 'no.' 
Canaan: Mommy, go over there and do more dishes!

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To
When Canaan starts getting grumpy or whiney or is crying over something he should be (like crying because he has to share), then we send him to his room to cry. Sometimes I will ask if he wants to go cry in his room. Every-once-in-a-while, he will say Yes. Stinker. So, I will send him. The other day, he was whiney about something and he just looked at me and said, "I cry here in the LIVINGROOM, Mommy!"

Double Meaning
Mommy: (Talking to Daddy) That would be nice.
Canaan: Be nice: share with Chi and Silas!
Can you tell what we are STILL working on with Canaan??!!

From the Mouth of Babes
Recently we returned from a road trip. (More about that on our other blog.) As we were driving down the road, we chatted about the nature with Canaan some. We talked about the trees and clouds, etc. Later, out of the blue, Dougle and I paused in a conversation we were having as Canaan started: Dear God, (I looked back and his hands were folded in his lap.) Thank you for the trees. In Jesus Name, Amen. 

A Matter of Perspective
So, sometimes Canaan likes to hold Max. One time he said, "I carry Max." I looked over at him, and he had his small little hands cupped together, like Max would fit right there in them! Another time, I had Max's head laying across his lap and his body on the couch. After a few minutes, Max's hand flopped over onto Canaan's leg from where it had been on Max's own stomach. Though he was holding Max this whole time, at this point Canaan cried out to me, "Mommy, Max NO touch me!" What a crazy kid! 


3 comments:

Eileen said...

Oh so funny. I can just hear him saying all this. And I can just hear you telling about it. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing! Also I enjoyed the photos of your Donetsk trip. So glad you all were able to attend. Myself, heading back to US for visa renewal around 4/9. How about you all - travel plans? =)

Kingdomsaint said...

I'm always enjoying the pics and the antics. We've been through it (still going through it) and we love every minute of it!

Carolyn said...

Your boys are beautiful! I enjoyed your updates and especially hearing Canaan's funny stuff. Sounds like you are having lots of fun and lots of blessings as a Mom of two.

Thanks for updating.

Love, Carolyn