Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brothers

I thought I had more pictures than just these two to post. But, I guess not. The images are just in my mind and heart, not in my camera. However, I'll still write just a snip-it of info on this subject. I've mentioned it before, but each week, as Max's personality and ability to play and do new things grows, the boys start doing more and more with each other.

Max engages Canaan by going over and grabbing a car to play with next to him. Or if Canaan is writing on the white board, then Max will grab a marker and begin to 'write' too. Sometimes he'll crawl up to Canaan (still not walking on his own yet...) and swipe from him whatever he is playing with. Canaan engage's Max by talking really loudly to him (he doesn't have a hearing problem...he's just found this as the best way to get his attention). He will say, "Let's race!" or "Let's chase each other!" and start running away from Max around the couch or table. Other times, he mimics what we do with Max or what we do with him. Recently he's been tearing up bits of his bread or food into small pieces and giving them to Max while we eat. Or he blocks the path Max is crawling in and says, "Just say please and I'll let you through." Sometimes this irritates Max and I have to step in. Other times, he'll just say, "Good job saying please Max!", pretending that Max answered him.

I keep writing about this, probably because it makes me smile so much. Max is in love with his brother- mimicking EVERYTHING he does. Or just even being near Canaan makes him happy. And Canaan is starting to warm up more and more to Max, as he gets more interesting to play with- I think! And when they talk 'with' each other, it is so precious to a Mommy's ears. I can't wait to see how they grow up together, and pray they will be best friends like my sis and I. What I heard the other day from Canaan gives me hope: "Hey Max, 'ole buddy!"

4 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

okay, total crack up on the "ole buddy" part, do canaan and alani write each other? alani has started saying to airi "we're pals airi!" ha ha!!! what sweet brothers your boys are!!!

Carolyn said...

You are so right - there is something that melts the heart when you see your kids developing a bond - our boys love one another (even though it doesn't always seem so) so much! Brotherly bonds - so fun to watch them develop....a gift really!

Russell, Alison and Grant said...

Awww. That is so precious. It makes me excited about the days to come in our household!

Connie Daniel said...

I think the two of them are adorable and the "funnies" are hilarious!