Thursday, October 4, 2007

The Fair

It is tradition. A Martin Family Tradition. The first Monday of the fair, we work at the LCU pie booth, from 4-8pm. This year was no exception. We all headed out to the fair to sell pies and enjoy the good food (why else do you go to the fair, if not to eat?). As soon as we arrived, I discovered that the pie booth was no place for Canaan; to top it off, I had forgotten his stroller. But, Grand-dad decided to take advantage of the situation right away. He grabbed Canaan and away they went to stroll through the cattle and swine barns, peek in on the petting zoo, and just walk around and enjoy looking at all the people. They came back long enough to eat. I bought Canaan a big potato with broccoli and cheese topping- and he loved it. He ate almost the entire potato. We had to distract him to get him to stop eating; he was just enjoying it so much! A little bit later, Auntie Livia took Canaan around the fair, then Grand-dad again, next Daddy got a turn, and then it was time to leave. On our way out, Dougle and I walked through an animal barn with him. It was fun. There was even a petting zoo with goats and sheep. The funny thing was that Canaan was more interested in running after the other little kids than petting the animals. He has really taken an interest in other little kids lately. Overall, the fair was once again a fun family time, and I think Canaan’s relatives all enjoyed taking him around and spending some good quality time with him. It was a great year, adding yet another family member to our great tradition!

1 comment:

David and Olivia said...

Yeah, Lucy! As much as I just absolutely love seeing a pic of me and Canaan, it really makes me happy when I see him with his mommy! Cute photo... and I'd like to see some more of you two! :)