Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mommy's Model

I'm sure Dougle would be appalled to know I was going to post this picture. I just can't help myself- it is too cute. So, SHHHH! Don't tell him. I got overly ambitious this week and decided to make matching Mother-Daughter aprons for my friend and her little girl who was turning two. I haven't sewn in years but figured it would come back to me. So I went through my mom's material and chose a cute material to use, and then I started. Well, I started two nights before I wanted to have them made...maybe that was a little too late! Mom ended up bailing me out of several of my mistakes and fixing some things for me, but I got them done. We had a pattern made up for an adult sized apron, but none for a kids size apron. I tried my best to downsize the adult pattern and made a small kids' size apron on my own. I was anxious to see if it would fit properly, so I used Canaan as my model. And he made such an adorable model! Isn't he the cutest little boy ever?! Daddy didn't let him wear it for too long, but I thought the colors went well on him! Overall, I was proud of myself; the material frayed easily so I should have double hemmed it, and the kids' size apron was a little off in parts- but I still count it as a success!
PS. Did you see his big belly sticking out??!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have pics of my little brother wearing a pink shirt, heels and a head band! =D His big sisters decided to play dress up with him and mom couldn't resist taking a pic. He is now nearly 9 years old and ALL boy!
So Dougle need not worry. Canaan will turn out just fine! =D
~Abigail~

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comment! Yea, Canaan's aren't too common, it's great to read about another, from a missionary no less! So what kind of ministry will you be doing in Russia? we'll be reading!
Norm & Debra