Saturday, January 19, 2008

Thank You

I have the best sister ever. And I have the best friends ever!

I feel so blessed. My sister wrote my friends and asked if they would write me a letter. She organized them all in a "card file" for me. If there were any return addresses on the envelopes, she whited them out. She wants it to be a complete surprise who sent me letters until I open them. Then, she put them in a file labeled from week 1 to week 12 and put a different letter behind each week. She received more than one letter, so she put those in an "extra" slot for extra bad weeks. So, each week for my first three months at least, I will get to open a letter from a friend. In addition to that, she asked anyone who could/wanted to, to send money for a "fluff trunk." She knows I've been stressing about having enough space to take all my stuff. So, with my husband's permission, she bought an extra trunk for me to put "fluff stuff" inside. This is supposed to be extra stuff that I wouldn't have otherwise been able to bring. I am already mentally filling it up with a few extra books that I love, two heavy photo frames that I really liked but was going to leave home, a special blanket I received for my wedding, etc. With the money from my friends and family, Olivia bought and paid for the trunk and the airline fee to take it with us.

I just want you to know I have the best sister ever. And the best friends ever.
Thank you Olivia for being so thoughtful to do this for me. You have found a way to take care of me from thousands of miles away! Thank you so much my friends who have written notes to me. I look forward to reading your letters and thinking of you from afar! Thank you also to those of you who donated money for my "fluff trunk." You have made my packing so much more enjoyable! I am so blessed!

5 comments:

Timbra said...

ooh fun! have MORE fun packing now! you do have a sweet sister! sisters rock!

Anonymous said...

Sisters are awesome! They are a total blessing from the Lord and we ought to thank Him for them daily! Olivia-you da bomb!
Love, ~Abigail~ (1 of 6 sisters)

Kim said...

awww how sweet. you martin girls are just that way :)

Timbra said...

happy trails to you friends. . . let us know when you're safe on the other side! love the wiisties

Toni Burns said...

You do have a great sister. I am SO SO sorry that I failed to get my letter sent to you. I promise that I will e-mail you a letter. Your sister was very thoughtful not only for the letters but even more for the trunk. Your parents did a great job of raising some really special girls!