Monday, February 25, 2008

This and That

The other day Dougle and I were engrossed in a deep conversation about Russian grammar when we looked up to find that Canaan had emptied his clothing drawer (it is in the living-room)! I took a few pictures and then we told him to put his clothes back in the drawer. He put them all back in, but as you can see in the second photo, they were hanging off the sides and definitely NOT folded! But we praised him for obeying and mommy later folded the clothes neatly so they would only be semi-wrinkled the next time he wears them!

The last pictures is of Canaan and I talking on Skype. You can see how much we enjoy it!! Skype is a FREE way to call from computer to computer. It is just like a telephone call through computers. If you have a web-cam, you can also see each other as you talk. If you have a fast enough internet connection (this is not for dial-up users), you can have a descent conversation. This is how Canaan has been talking to his grandparents, aunts, uncles and various friends. If you have Skype, add us to your account; we would love to hear from you. Our user name is mcdougle_family. We also are able to use phone cards and Skype to call from our computer to land lines. Using Skype in this manner does cost; however, it is about 5 cents to connect a call and about 2 cents a minute afterward. So, we are able to call to the States for pretty cheap. If you ever want to call us, my mom knows of a few cheap calling cards. Just e-mail us and we'll give you our phone number! And, we'll get around to getting you all our address, as soon as we figure it out and get the key to our mailbox (our landlord who is off on international business currently has it!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would let you know that Katie and I use Yahoo! Messenger with Voice for our computer-to-regular-phone calls. Yahoo! only charges one cent a minute, and I'm pretty sure there's no connection fee.

And I have been more impressed with the computer-to-computer quality of the calls than with Skype, though we have Skype too because everyone else does.

Cute pictures, by the way.

Russell, Alison and Grant said...

Isn't it amazing how fast our boys can destroy something while our heads are turned? Canaan is so precious and seems like he is really enjoying himself there!

Toni Burns said...

I love reading your blogs. We think of you often and wonder how everything is going. We know you guys will do a great job and bless many people - we love you lots

Guy and Nancy said...

AHHHH Lucy - you made me sad. I miss you too. I haven't had a chance to sit and write out a good e-mail to you. I do miss you though. We are losing our internet connection at our apartment so I haven't been able to e-mail much either. Canaan reminds me of Aspen sitting in that little cubby hole at church. Aspen sits in weird places like that too. Hey - post a pic of the kid that reminds you of aspen! Love you, Nan

Haley said...

Aden (the little boy i watch) was mad at his mom last week so he took all the clothes out of his drawers and threw them on the floor in his room. Well after he got home from school he was suppose to put them all away. Of course trying to get out of it he said to me; "Haley can you help me" and I told him no he needed to do it on his own, to which he replied; "but i don't know how to fold my clothes!"