Friday, September 26, 2008

Playing the Parents

I knew this would come. Just not this soon! Canaan is not even 2 years old! I remember trying this, but I was quite a bit older. I never thought he'd be trying to play his parents already!

The other day, Dougle and I were both in the kitchen, talking. Canaan has had this bad habit he's formed of asking for something over and over and over. He never gets what he wants, no matter how many times he asks, but he doesn't seem to have figured that out. And it has been getting annoying. So, we have been telling him that he will be "in trouble" if he asks again for something we've told him he can't have. This particular evening, Canaan was asking for crackers. Supper was almost ready and Dougle told him he needed to wait. He continued to ask, two more times, until Dougle told him he would "be in trouble" if he asked again. Dougle and I resumed our conversation and after a few seconds, Canaan came over to me. He stood in front of me and ever so quietly said, "Crackers please." He said it so quietly that I almost didn't hear him. Of course, our kitchen isn't that big and Daddy was just 3 little Canaan steps away. I am sure he didn't want him to hear! Dougle looked at me and asked, "Did he just ask you for crackers?" Oops, Canaan was busted! He got his due punishment. However, that didn't stop him from trying to pull the same stunt the next night. This time, though, Dougle was in the living room telling Canaan he couldn't have something, and I was in the kitchen. Oh my!

3 comments:

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hi, Lucy!

Now that we have kids of our own, I can completely and totally understand what my parents meant when they said that we shouldn't play them against eachother. I still did it even into my college years! Having since apologized, I must say that I think they get a small kick out of it when they see us having to tell our kids the same thing.

We are already missing David and Olivia!

Mrs. Brownstone @ XBOX Wife said...

Hello, again!

If you get a chance, would you mind emailing me, then I'll have your address and will add it to my non-blogging email contact list!

I just read your comment ~ thank you so much for the kind words and encouragement. I already miss Olivia, and it's barely been a day! She and I hit it off quickly and easily ~ I know we'll be friends for life! We are so honored and so humbled to be part of their team!

As far as the movies, we will try to send some in packages. My husband found a website recently, though, that I wanted to tell you about. It's called hulu.com. It has full episodes of MANY television shows, and it also has some movies. You have to register with the site, but everything is free. Check it when you get a chance, if you will. David and Olivia said that you cannot watch episodes on NBC.com, CBS, ABC, etc., but we were curious if they worked through this alternate site.

Have a wonderful weekend!
~ Jill

Kingdomsaint said...

Plenty of experience with that! We definitely consider that a major broken rule in our household!