Sunday, August 2, 2009

6 Months Old








Max is 6 months old today! Canaan and I sang a round of "Happy Birthday" to him and everything! I just wanted to post a quick picture. Right now Dougle is in Kiev and I am here with the boys in Kharkov. So, I am extra busy holding down the fort by myself!
So, I think Max weighs about 16 pounds, but I will have to try to weigh him on my scale soon again because I don't remember correctly. He has no teeth yet, but I am sure they are coming soon! He is the super smile-iest boy ever. He just grins when we look at him. He loves his big brother so much. He watches him all the time. He can't ever concentrate on eating when there is anything interesting going on around him (half the time I have to hide in the bedroom to get him to eat properly)! We started oatmeal a couple weeks ago (otherwise, I am still nursing). He has tried rice cereal too, as well as potatoes and carrots, but the oatmeal is his favorite. (I'll post pics of that when I can.) He has started sitting on his own for 20 seconds at a time and can sometimes 'catch' himself when he is about to fall over. He reaches for everything these days, rolls around a lot on the floor, prefers sleeping on his side or tummy, and is constantly chewing on everything: including his toes! Everyone tells us he looks just like Canaan, though the older he gets the less the resemblance seems to me. He looks more like my (Lucy's) side of the family, while Canaan definitely favors Daddy! Well, that is my opinion. About a month ago we finally got him sleeping through the night. He sleeps 10-12 hours a night on average and takes about 3 short naps during the day. He is such a joy to have. We love having Maximus Craig as part of our family!
We did go out to play today on a pile of gravel outside in our courtyard. We were going to go to the park, but Canaan found this pile of gravel/rocks much more interesting and we played here for about 45 minutes! Boys and getting dirty and climbing, etc. Max was content to sit in the stroller and watch it all. At one point, all 3 of us ran down it! Fun! Fun!
So, those are the pics. All taken today.
Love you all!

3 comments:

La Pistolera said...

Hey Lucy! Great pictures. It looks green and warm there. Blessings to you and yours.Belinda

Unknown said...

What a nice surprise! I was just going to check out the blog, thinking there was probably nothing new there - and surprise! I love all the pictures! I hope you are getting some rest while Dougle is gone. I bet Dougle, being away from home, is going to enjoy this post too!
Mom

Jeanette said...

This kind of stuff happens to Oliver and I all the time, detours I mean!Once we sat next to the park for an hour to watch the construction on the road.
Happy 6 mo Max, you are doing great ;)