Friday, August 7, 2009

Vlada

Vlada is my neighbor I go walking with two or three times a week. Her little boy, Platon, is 3 months old. We walk to the park; Platon usually sleeps, Max watches everything, and Canaan plays a bit on the playground. Somedays Canaan walks and pushes his own stroller, other days he rides with Max.
We've struck up a good friendship. It is nice to have someone in the building I can trust like her. She speaks slowly and can re-say things if I don't at first understand. We have decided we need a a dictionary to take with us! So, not only is it a good time we have, but it is great Russian practice for me. Dougle has helped/or been helped by her husband, Misha, too. We hope to get to know this family better over time.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so happy you have someone like Vlada. That is so important! You're looking great!

Toni Burns said...

I am really excited for you. I know that having mexican friends my age has been great for me. I don't know what I would do without them. Look forward to hearing about the growth of your relationship.

Alicia said...

That's awesome! It gives me encouragement to meet people in my building. We only know the babushka across the hallway. God is truly working in Xarkiv!!