Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Picture for Mom and Liv and other random stuff

Ok, so this post is less "All About Canaan" than most; but I thought it would be fun to post a few random things that I have been thinking.

1. The weather here in M0scow is COLD! In my mind, it is not supposed to be cold at the beginning of August; we should still be in full swing of summer. However, everyone is wearing jackets and warm hats. The high today was 60, but I don't think it got that warm! Craziness!

2. I took 2 pictures for certain people while in Egypt. For my mom, a devoted tea lover and Lipton drinker, I took the picture of the Lipton advertisements in Egypt. It is even there!! For my sister, who is a devoted 'dollar-store fanatic/addict, I took a picture of a store that was called "Uni-price" (written in English!). The price was 2.5 Egyptian pounds, which translates to about 50 US cents!

3. For all the pregnant women, who have been or are currently pregnant, I had Dougle take a picture of me eating a fried motzarella cheese-stick! Yum. With Canaan, all I semi-craved was pizza (which is unusual since I don't really like pizza normally). However, with this pregnancy, I have had multiple cravings of multiple things that come and go. Sometimes once I eat what I've been craving, I feel sick just thinking about eating it again. It is so weird! However, I'd been craving cheese sticks for at least a month or more and finally got to eat some in Egypt! They were delicious! The nice thing is that I am not craving them anymore, but I would welcome any opportunity to eat them again!

4. Since this is a post on an "All About Canaan" blog, I thought I would include a picture of Canaan! Since it is random and funny things, I thought I'd put a funny looking picture on. I just love Canaan so much, that I think he is beautiful even when he looks silly or COMPLETELY ORNERY, like in this picture! I hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, I think I could live in Egypt since they have tea! :) However, you just killed all hope of David ever taking Livia there! :)

Lindsay White said...

I love it! The Dollar Store.. Africa Style. What I would give to find one here. I also got a good chuckle out of Canaan being described as ornery.. I can just hear you saying it Lucy! Makes me miss you guys. Love you heaps.

David and Olivia said...

Awww! You're so sweet to think of us. Yes, my dear... I'm trying to get my fill before we move because I don't I'll have a Dollar Tree in Ukraine. :) I'm so glad you guys had such a good time in Egypt!