Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Canaan Sayings






These are too cute, and I want to remember them. So I have been trying to write them down when I can! I just don’t always have a pencil and paper handy at every moment, or you’d be reading a novel of funny things!



Say What?

Daddy and Max in the kitchen. Daddy was talking to Max and blowing on his belly.

Enter Canaan (running): Daddy!! I want some spits too!!!


Girls Vs. Boys

We’ve been talking about the difference between boys and girls. Mainly in just recognizing who are girls and who are boys. But, when I use the restroom, Canaan sees me sitting and asks if I am pooping. I tell him no, that I am a girl, and I sit when I potty. A few days after this discussion, Canaan is sitting on the potty pooping, looked up at me and said, “I am go potty like a girl!”


Sweet Questions

I picked up my two boys at the same time and carried them into the bedroom. Canaan looked at me and said: Mommy, I have my 2 favorite boys?

Me (smiling): Yes!

Canaan: In the wold world?!

Me (grinning more): Yes!!

(Daddy always says this when he picks them both up. I guess he was just making sure I had the same feelings!)


The Art of Hide and Seek

Mommy (pretending to look for Canaan): Is Canaan behind the curtains?!

Canaan (hiding under the covers on his bed): No! I am here!! Under the covers!

Hmm..he is still working on the concept of hide and seek!


Brother Musings

Canaan (talking to Max and holding up a car): You want this one?

Canaan (handing the car to Max): Okay, sure. Here you go.


The Negotiator

Canaan: I take some cars with us?

Me: Ok.

Canaan: How about these 6?

Me: No, you can bring 2 cars.

Canaan: How about....3?!

___

Canaan: Aunty, come play with me.

David: Auntie is talking to Mommy, and then she has to make a phone call. Then she can play with you.

Canaan: How 'bout Auntie talk to Mommy, then play with me 5 minutes, then make a call? Yeah, I think that will work!


What Goes Around...

Well, I'll admit it: I wasn't the perfect child. I know many of you are shocked. But, regain your composure. Canaan is like me in several ways. First of all, I used to be called "Last Minute Lucy" because I never would go to the bathroom until the VERY last minute. Canaan is like this now. He will be jumping around and at the last minute will race to the potty and hurriedly pull down his shorts, just in time to go. However, if he can't get to the potty immediately, or can't get those pants down quick enough, accidents occur. When I told my mom this, she just laughed! Can you believe that? Another similarity is listed below.


Already Convinced He Knows Better

At the age of two, Canaan is already convinced that the 3 guys who were thrown in the firey furnace were Shadrack, Me-Shadrack, and Obendigo! We have argued over it on a few occasions. I only laugh so much because as a child, I constantly argued with my mom over how things were pronounced. And I was always wrong! I guess what goes around, truly does come around!

2 comments:

Timbra said...

the negotiator is so funny. last night i told alani. . pick TWO books and don't try to be tricky and talk me into five like the other night. . . after a lot of hemming and hawing. . three books ended up in our pile and then it was "i picked this one, you picked that one, and i picked this one." as though i had somehow been in charge of having picked the third book and THAT was the real reason we had three in the pile. . . of course i read them all :)

Russell, Alison and Grant said...

How cute! We are discussing the difference between boys and girls too. Hopefully we don't run into any drag queens soon!