Sunday, July 5, 2009

We Love You, Daddy!

So, to confess, I forgot about Father’s Day. Actually, my husband reminded me of it about 3pm the afternoon of. Poor Daddy! To redeem myself a little, I had bought him a Dad Rules t-shirt while we were in the States. And I even brought a card back to give him on Father’s Day (they don’t have Father’s Day here, just Men’s Day which was back in March). However, it didn’t happen. We went out of town that weekend and it totally slipped my mind! And now I can't find it. Poor Dougle!


But, I have promised to make it up to him soon. I still haven’t yet, but soon.


Here are a few pictures of my hubby being a Daddy. One was actually taken on Father’s Day, which is cool. Canaan and Maximus are INCREDIBLY BLESSED to have such a wonderful Father, a man whom they can look up to and be just like, and I would be so proud! He loves God, he loves them, and he loves and respects me. And the love he shows to them isn’t the “indulgent parent” type of love. In my book, that isn’t even close to true love. He loves them in a way that God loves us. He is committed to them, during the good and rough times of parenting. He cares for them, watches over them, and gives them things (he buys toys for them more than I do!), yet he also disciplines them and expects them to obey and respect him too. He is consistent and firm, yet gentle and kind. What more could any boy want or need?!

So, Happy Late Father’s Day, Dad! We love you!

1 comment:

David and Olivia said...

And he is a wonderful father... we witness that almost everyday!!!