Sunday, July 5, 2009

The True Story about Caterpillars...by Canaan

Recently,

Canaan, Max and I were hanging out in our courtyard, enjoying some fresh (though hot) air and watching some of the work that is being done. Canaan really likes to watch the digger as it digs dirt, moves pipes, etc. (The city is tearing up our courtyard to do some underground "remodeling" on the pipes.)

Upon seeing this plant (picture), Canaan looked at me and said, “Hey Mommy, what is growing on that plant?”


I thought he would think they were tassels, since my Dad taught him about those when we were in the States and they were working in the garden together. So, becasue he often asks questions he knows the answers to, and to check his memory, I said, “What is growing on that plant, Canaan?”


“Caterpillars!” he responded, excitedly!


And I tagged on two extra photos that aren't caterpillar related. One is Canaan in front on the tractor/digger that is digging up our courtyard. The next is my attempt at self photography while we were all outside together! Max looks like the only one not having fun!

No comments: