Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally! Shorts Weather!

It is finally warm enough for shorts outside!! It is so exciting! I put Canaan in shorts yesterday and today and he didn't stand out. I didn't have to worry about babushkas (grandmothers) getting onto me for not having him dressed warm enough or not putting tights under his pants! There were other little kids in shorts too! It has been getting into the upper 70's the past two days, which feels wonderful! At some points, it is just downright, hot! I am loving it!

I wish I had a picture to show you of how cute Canaan is in shorts, with his hat (to make sure his bald head and face don't burn!). But, Dougle has our camera. So, you will just have to picture him in little tan short-overalls, with a red, white and tan striped shirt, and a khaki hat.

So far, we are surviving without Daddy. But, we miss him terribly! However, we are happy that is is doing well and having fun in Ukraine, trying to find us a new place to live, put down roots, and share the Good News!

Today when we arrived home from the store, Canaan brought me Daddy Kisses to read to him. Sometimes he will go in the hall, get Dougle's slipper, put them on, and come tell me "Daddy! Daddy!" as he points to his feet! I just say, "That is right! You are wearing Daddy's topachki!"

We also get to talk with him on the phone. Whenever the phone rings, Canaan immediately says, "Daddy!" He thinks Daddy is the only person who calls, which isn't too far from the truth! Then he will say hi to him, listen to Daddy talk, say "Bye, Bye." and give him a kiss on the phone. It is cute!

Yesterday I met my good friend Navar at the park. She brought Canaan a toy truck and a beach ball! He was delighted! Canaan loved the attention (from someone other than Mommy for a change)! He even started to say her name; it took us a while to figure out what he was saying at first, but then we realized he was calling her. He would point to her and say "Bar"! She told me he was a bit young to know about bars already! We laughed and I recounted to her about how he calls Beth, "Bath." Navar and I also had a great talk about our religions. I really don't know much about Islam. We are both sharing similarities and differences in our religions. I bought her a Bible while in the States, so she could read it. She says she doesn't want to discredit anything without reading it and giving it a chance. I told her the same thing, and she said she would try to find me a Koran in English. Navar is planning to move back to Syria in July, which makes me sad. However, we are looking forward to more time in the parks and good talks before she leaves!

That is all for now. I hope everyone is doing well! Keep our team in your prayers as they travel all over Ukraine. Also keep Denyce and I in your prayers and we are home alone with kids these days!

1 comment:

Timbra said...

um when you said "bald head and face" did you mean that canaan has yet to get facial hair? or was bald only referring to his head? ha ha!!! love the new "headline" photo. love tim