Thursday, June 26, 2008

Update

Hello everyone! So, I thought I'd update my blog, even though I haven't much new info or any new pictures to share (since I am without a camera at the moment)! But, I felt like I needed to say Hello to everyone out there and let you know we are alive and well.

Canaan and I have almost survived our time without Daddy. I can tell that it is really starting to take a toll on Canaan. He is extra grumpy, which is not normal for him. So, to help keep him on track until Daddy gets home, I took the day off my language study. I have been trying to put him down for a nap around 11am, when I have my language study. But today, he was throwing fits and crying over every little thing, that I had to put him down at 9:30am!! Poor guy. So, that meant that he would be awake during my language study. So, I called and canceled. Our teacher is very kind and is fairly flexible with all our cancellations and re-arranging of schedules!

So, the newest news is that Canaan is enjoying more interaction with his cuddly bear friends. He has started trying to feed them his food! In addition, for the past several days, he has wanted me to put his Elmo slippers on one of them! Also, he has taken a keen interest in watching the bath water drain. He is not a happy camper when he can't watch until the last drop disappears down the drain. And, he is still very into saying 'bye-bye.' Now, when we are about leave the house, he starts saying and waving 'bye-bye' to all his toys. "Bye-bye uck. Bye-bye car. Bye-bye bear...."

That is all for now. Dougle arrives home on Saturday evening. We are very excited to hear more about his trip and see pictures. We will be posting more about that on our other blog once he gets home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a joy to read about your adventures in Russia, and especially to read about my precious nephew!

Thank you for posting the updates Lucy! I miss you so much already!

Carolyn said...

I am sure you are happy to be together as a family again! Any decisions on your new future home?!

I have mixed feelings to say this...(happy for me and a little sad for your finances). I will just spit it out: I have copyrighted the "raise your hand if you love your Mommy, Daddy, brother, or any other family member" so....any time that Canaan is expressing his love in this way - you need to send me a percentage of the copyright fees. I will get back to you on the exact amounts but start saving up because I KNOW little boys are sweet and he is showing lots of love. You might need to send out more support letters!!!

Have a great day :)