Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Playing

It seems like forever since I blogged last! But, I just wanted to say hello to the world. I have just a few pictures that I took last week to share with you. This is another playground that is about 5 minutes walk from our apartment. Canaan loves playgrounds. Every time we leave, he says, "stairs!" (That is what he calls playgrounds.)
My hubby has been gone two full days now. It has been a bit lonely, but Canaan and I are having some good Mommy-Son time! We sing, play together, go to the playground, etc. He cooks with me (he gets his own pot, a wooden spoon, and his alphabet letters), he goes grocery shopping with me (I use his stroller to help carry it all home in), and he hangs out wherever I happen to be cleaning, etc.
Today he put on Daddy's slippers. He walked around proudly and then would point to them and say "Da-Da." I think it was his way of missing him. Also, he fell off the couch. When I went to pick him up, he cried and said, "Daddy, Daddy." This is the first time Dougle has been away for a long stretch of time in a year...so the first time since Canaan's really been able to remember it!

3 comments:

Russell, Alison and Grant said...

Poor Canaan and Lucy! I hope Dougle's absence seems to go by fast for you guys!
Alison

La Pistolera said...

Thanks Lucy! It is always wierd to alone in a stange place at first. God is good and you really aren't alone. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lucy,

Canaan is so cute. What a joy to see him playing. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. We love ya and miss ya!

Love & Blessings,
The Welchs