Tuesday, August 7, 2007

It Is Official!

Dougle has been telling Canaan that he didn't have much time left to learn a new trick before his Gran-Dad, Gran-Nan, Auntie Livi, and UD arrived back home from all their travels. I guess Canaan was feeling the pressure......Canaan is now crawling! It is slow and awkward, but he gets where he wants to go...as long as it isn't too far away! Yesterday, when he first crawled, and even today some, he would go a little ways and then look at us and just beam! He was so proud of himself. We were proud of him too! Tonight he crawled over to the electric outlet and tried to pull the sterio cord out of the wall. I think it is time for me to do what Jason Thornton did when his kids became mobile: crawl around the house on my hands and knees and look at the world from their view. (This is what I've been told that Jason did.) So, now the fun begins.

Canaan has also just got the hang of picking up small objects (off the floor, or cheerios) and putting them in his mouth. We were at Vanessa's adoption shower on Sunday and I put Canaan on the floor to play while I helped set up some things. Next time I looked over, he had a big piece of fuzz sticking out of his mouth! I think that this, coupled with the crawling, is going to change how much I can get done in a day! Life is so wonderful with a baby: never boring and always something new! I just love being a mommy!

2 comments:

Timbra said...

wow. . . you've really updated recently. i've been running out of time on my daily library trips to keep keep up with blogs, but now we have internet at home. . . so i have a little extra time and alani was polite enough to go down for a nap about 45 minutes ago. . . she's so thoughtful. have fun with the crawling, alani would eat hair and anything she could get her hands on. . ewww! you'll NEVER be able to find all the little things he can find with ease, even if you do crawl around and get his perspective to keep him out of trouble. he's sooooo cute and i love all the updates!

Carolyn said...

Lucy,

Hi there! I am reading your blog and feeling how much you remind me of me! I love my boys more than anyone can imagine too - I see it in your writing, in your pictures, etc.. It is so fun to be a Mom, isn't it - and I just think boys are the best. My 3 little ones and Benjy are blessings every day.

Congrats Canaan on figuring out this crawling thing! Youa re a sweetie!

Have a great day,

Love, Carolyn Brednich