Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Name is What?!

Canaan's first word was "uh-oh." About a month ago, he started saying "up" whenever he dropped a toy. So, I quickly decided that if he could say "up" for toys, then he could say "up" if he wanted picked up (instead of the complainy whine he was doing). We worked on this for a week and a half before he finally learned that "up" could be used for himself too. Now, if he crawls over to me and cries to get held, I ask him, "What do you say Canaan?" and he usually responds with "Up!"
The other morning, Dougle and I both went into his room when he woke up. We stood over his crib. Dougle said, "Can you say Daddy?" and I said "Can you say Mommy?" Canaan crawled over to me and said, "Up!" I guess mommy and daddy are words for another day. Right now, everyone responds when a cute, ornery, little boy crawls to their feet and says, "Up!"

1 comment:

Timbra said...

i love that you have a whole site dedicated to canaan, it doesnt make me feel like writing about alani all the time is silly (because mama's just want to share their babies with everyone right?!) watch canaan with those knobs. alani would pull drawers open and then lean against them to stand up (with her fingers inside) and then she couldnt get her fingers out because she was pushing on the drawer to pull them and there was crying. . . anyway, we had a coffee table with a drawer and we had to take the knob off and tape it shut because she closed her fingers in it . . . sad! but it is a fun little phase of exploration!