Friday, August 3, 2007

Upper Teeth and Upper Thoughts


If you can get over staring at those beautiful eyes and the charming smile, you will be able to see Canaan's upper teeth. He has three on top that are large enough to see. The one to the left of the middle two is still not fully through. Every time I look at my boy (and pictures of my baby boy), I can't get over how precious and perfect God's creation is. I can't believe God has entrusted us with such a tremendous task of raising a little boy. It seems overwhelming at times, but yet so very wonderful. I know we won't be accountable for Canaan's actions and choices as an adult, but raising him to know God and to come to love God as a child is something Dougle and I take very seriously. We pray every night that we can teach and model God's love to him. Our biggest dream is not that he graduate college or be successful in the world's eyes, but that he becomes a faithful follower of Christ. I don't know how long God has given us Canaan, but I am extremely grateful and thankful for every moment with him, and with my other favorite sweety, Dougle.

1 comment:

David and Olivia said...

WOW! Those teeth look like they can do some damage! Great shot of them. I can't believe he's already over 9 months! He's growing up so fast.