Friday, August 3, 2007

New Seat for the Big Boy

Well, Canaan outgrew his infant carrier/car seat. Unlike other infants, he did not get too heavy for it, but too long. There is a height limit on them, a thought I never would have come to on my own, if Canaan's pediatrician hadn't forewarned us of that fact. After spending much time searching the internet about car seats, safety, and parental ratings, I chose what looks to be the best for us: the Evenflo Titan. The safety rating people all agree that all the car seats are equally safe if used correctly. That is the key. They say that the safest car seat for your family is the one you will be able to use properly and comfortably. So, this one looked the best for us. I still had some gift cards I'd saved from Canaan's shower (thank you to all those who gave us stuff and gift cards!), so I used those and was able to pay not too much in the end. I am very excited about our new car seat. Canaan wasn't too thrilled about sitting in it while we were inside the house (we were trying to adjust the harnesses), but I think he rode very comfortably and liked sitting up higher. (Don't you love how I presume to read his thoughts??!!) Also in the picture, you can see his new shoes. I am proud of this purchase also, because I found his new shoes at Walmart for just $3.00! What a bargain. Of course, his feet are getting bigger and so are his shoes. Bigger shoes make him look older! Our little baby is growing up so fast!
PS> Can you see his hair in this picture? It is getting longer!

3 comments:

Guy and Nancy said...

HE DOES HAVE HAIR! I guess I didn't notice before. YEAH for Canaan! he is very handsome and will make quite the boyfriend for Aspen.

David and Olivia said...

Oh my what a big boy! I can't believe how cute he is. I think I read in his eyes that he misses his anty liv. :) Glad the car seat is working well... it looks like you made an excellent choice!

Lindsay White said...

Man, I can't believe how big he is! I would have to agree that he is a very handsome boy and will give all the girls someone to chase! As for missing his Aunt Liv, I'm sure he does, but doesn't visiting Lindsay in Africa sound like fun? Let me know what he thinks. Miss you guys and will chat soon.